Forums
May 09, 2024, 10:26 PM

Author Topic: Game #72700, Reported by SnipeR`  (Read 10950 times)

Offline Dub-c

Re: Game #72700, Reported by SnipeR`
« Reply #105 on: June 09, 2011, 04:43 AM »
Erased
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 08:16 PM by ThaShady1 »
Your favorite ropers favorite roper

Offline darKz

« Reply #106 on: June 09, 2011, 04:46 AM »
No shit, and hes doing nothing wrong. Nothng more wrong then the average finger roller bitching at him,

He continued using the script for a bit even after this thread came up and it was declared cheating. That's reason enough to be 'bitching at him' imo.
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline angus

« Reply #107 on: June 09, 2011, 05:27 AM »
And people should give SnipeR a little brake here as well, he`s 14, he is just a kid.

SnipeR???   The son of Zippo!!! neva!!

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #108 on: June 09, 2011, 05:38 AM »
Erased

Offline darKz

« Reply #109 on: June 09, 2011, 05:40 AM »
The majority of people in this thread do.
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #110 on: June 09, 2011, 05:53 AM »
Erased
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 08:17 PM by ThaShady1 »

Offline darKz

« Reply #111 on: June 09, 2011, 06:19 AM »
His taps are more accurate because he doesn't need to time them well. I doubt he'd be able to tap any accurate without that script. :) That's what's different.
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #112 on: June 09, 2011, 07:17 AM »
Erased
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 08:17 PM by ThaShady1 »

Offline Maciej

« Reply #113 on: June 09, 2011, 07:33 AM »
Dub is just jealous hater who claims every kind of finger roll is cheat, because he is not skilled enough and too lazy to learn it. Don't listen for him ;)

Offline darKz

« Reply #114 on: June 09, 2011, 07:36 AM »
His taps are more accurate because he doesn't need to time them well. I doubt he'd be able to tap any accurate without that script. :) That's what's different.

Just like finger rollers cant tap well with one finger?

I roped with 1 finger for years, I'm out of shape now but when I was at my peak I remember I reached 14 taps per sec, twitching. Good old tap-o-meter. :P

Don't jump to conclusions!
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Dub-c

« Reply #115 on: June 09, 2011, 08:24 AM »
Erased

Offline nino

« Reply #116 on: June 09, 2011, 08:40 AM »
lmfao maciej, dub with 1 finger taps better and faster than u with 2 xD

and dub thats cheat,  sniper is trying the faster way to be pr0 lol, if he wants to use fr np, like maciej, but this script is shit.
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

« Reply #117 on: June 09, 2011, 08:47 AM »
lol dub. this script makes roping easier/safer, fr not
"since most people tend to the order side, its my job to spread chaos" -peja

Offline Ray

« Reply #118 on: June 09, 2011, 08:49 AM »
I'm really not going to read through what everyone said here. :D I'll just say this: whoever uses cheat to get better in a game like Worms is a f@#!ing lifeless pathetic loser. ;D PLAY FOR f@#!'S SAKE THIS IS A GAME WHERE YOU SHOOT BAZOOKAS WITH WORMS Z0MFG!!!44

Play however you want, twitch, fingerroll, whatever, but I don't understand this stupid conversation about "no, fr is pr0" "no, twitch is pr0" BLABLA especially from Maciej, omg, since the first time I ever met you you were saying fr all the time like the kid who gets a new toy and puts it into every conversation that comes up :D OKAY WE UNDERSTAND NOONE CARES OKAY??? XDDD

And about the cheaters: use whatever script, macro, NASA computer you want, as long as you are trying to speed up your development of rope skills, you simply skip important steps in the way and you will never ever be a good roper. Not to mention that people will laugh at you because that is just pathetic. Be a man and start learning the rope instead of mashing your keyboard with your thumb in your ass saying "PORRA ME GOOD ROPE"

wow this message brought the anger out of me xD have fun reading :D

Offline Anubis

« Reply #119 on: June 09, 2011, 09:04 AM »
What Anubis said before doesn't really apply... even with the most sensitive kb (damn I really want one of those flat screens), you can't keep space held down and then press it with your other finger and still have it register, it's part of the game logic to not have that allowed.

I think we should make a list of rules for acceptable keyboard configurations, if only for the sake of new wormers who have no idea what is and isn't allowed. If I have some time, I'll get started on that today actually.

You are right there, that even the latest keyboard technology doesn't allow that, it depends on the environment though (OS, Program or Game). For example the "1", you can press "1" and Numpad "1" at the same time down, it will show "11" You see it's not really anything new. Windows itself allows it already.

I am NOT saying SnipeR is entitled to use that script because indeed it is an improvement to anyone who doesn't use it, if anything it should be available to everyone, just like remapping your keys is available to everyone. W:A is simply lacking customization in controls. I mean look farther than W:A, all games allow customization and that said "script" works in many games on its own, and, as proven above even on stupid Windows! Sometimes this whole tapping discussion really go too far and are generally over reacting in my opinion. I have tapped in many ways, I am open minded to enhance my experience and the last I think about is to have an advantage but simply more comfort, I shared most of my modding experience on my little own site I had years ago. Can't quite remember the URL but it was hosted by CBC/CBS and DarkOne held his tourneys there. Because in my opinion if everyone gets a fast and reliable keyboard it means more and better competition, it shows what the player is capable of without boundaries. I don't encourage automated space bar presses, such as you press once and get 2 space bar presses out of it, that's not right. Instead of wasting hundreds of dollars for ultra fast touchscreen keyboards I rather spend 1 or 2 hours modding my keyboard to try to come close. Sometimes this reminds me of the Amish lol. I want to live in the city with all it's improvements and others want to live like the Amish in the woods. That's fine though, each to it's own.

I encourage your initiative about what is right and wrong, though something like this shouldn't be classified, again I wanna remind you that this is an input device, such as an input device can not be considered wrong/right in any way IF you wanna stay objective! Just like an output device can not be right/wrong. Input and output devices do not alternate the game engine, they do not do anything that is not allowed by the game itself (or else it would not work lol). If W:A didn't allow 1680x1050 I couldn't use it, but I can. If Worms would not support 2 Space Bars, it wouldn't work, but it does. In fact Worms would allow a million space bar keys.

Just a little picture of a common 2 Spacebar keyboard manufacture.

Keyboards are very complex today, they have inbuilt macros, touchscreens, card reader music players, USB Hubs and what not. They are generally to enhance your experience while working or gaming on your pc, and the gaming industry has accepted this long time ago. The majority, if not ALL latest games allow macros nowadays. It's a quality of life improvement.

In W:A the input device is a way to perform better, games in general scale with the quality of input (and output if sound for example matters) device you have. There are keyboard/Mouse that improve the quality of your gameplay, enhance it or make it more comfortable. Though I understand that this thematic is very sensitive for many people. It always has been, but the technology improves on a daily pattern, I would be very mad if we were still stuck on 1024x768 resolution and even if I were due to my bad PC or screen I wouldn't claim everyone who can use 2560x1440 and have a way better overview of the map is being lame. It's because he wanted more quality just like someone wants more quality with a better keyboard. You see where I am coming from?

Would like to know what you others think though, this is just my view.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 09:10 AM by DeathInFire »